Monday, December 3, 2012

Slow-cooked Southwest Chicken

Slow-cooked Southwest Chicken
Slow Cooker Meals by Taste of Home pg41



I came across this recipe in a magazine I found at the check out stand at the store. I didn't do anything different this time but will probably try to find a cilantro lime rice to put with it next time.

I doubled the recipe and put one meal in the freezer. I love knowing I have a quick dinner option in the freezer!!

2 15oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14 ½ oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 14 ½ oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar (8 ounces) chunky salsa
1 cup frozen corn
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 cups hot cooked rice



1. In a 2 or 3 quart slow cooker, combine the beans, broth, tomatoes, chicken, salsa, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until thermometer reads 170.

2. Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment