Monday, November 5, 2012

Buttermilk Parmesan Pork Chops

Buttermilk Parmesan Pork Chops
 

I found this one on Pinterest as well. I love pork chops and I love cheese so I knew I wanted to try it! I will say that I did not use near as much bread crumbs that this calls for. I also added some of my favorite seasonings to the bread crumb mixture. I loved this one. It will be a repeat in my house for sure!!


4 thin-sliced, boneless center cut pork chops
2 cups low-fat buttermilk
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese + a little more for garnish
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup chicken stock

Tenderize and trim fat from pork chops if you’d like.Add pork chops to a baking dish and pour buttermilk over top. Soak for at least 2 ours, or over night. Remove pork chops from fridge 30 minutes before you plan to make them. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a bowl, combine panko, flour, salt, pepper and parmesan. Heat an over-safe skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil. Grab a pork chop from the buttermilk, letting any excess milk run off. Dredge through panko mixture, coating completely. Lay down in skillet and repeat with remaining chops. Brown pork chops for 3 minutes on each side only! You don’t want them to toughen up. After six minutes, turn off heat and add chicken stock to pan. Sprinkle a little parmesan on pork chops and cover skillet. Bake for 20 minutes.

1 comment: