Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stuffed Pork Chops




I have gotten the idea in my head to try cooking meals and freezing them. I found a really cool book at Boarders and purchased it. It is called Once-A-Month-Cooking. I highly recommend this book. There are a few known issues with it but overall it is a fantastic book! Here is one of the recipes I have prepared, frozen, thawed, and cooked.


Stuffed Pork Chops

2 Pounds thick boneless pork chops
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms stems and pieces
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 large egg

In a small bowl combine cheese, mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper. Take two pie pans and beat egg in one; sprinkle the bread crumbs in the other.
Slit each pork chop lengthwise about ¾ of the way through the chop. Stuff with the cheese-mushroom mixture. Then Dip and roll the chops first in the egg and then in the bread crumbs. Seal in a casserole dish treated with nonstick spray and freeze.
When thawed, add 1/3 cup water to the casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

My notes:
I am not a fan of mushrooms, aka fungus, soooooo I used artichoke hearts in place of the mushrooms. It turned out really good!

I used garlic bread crumbs. I think it added a nice touch of flavor.
I would also advise to make the "pockets" in all of your pork chops then move on to the other steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment