I got this recipe from a friend who found it in Sandra Lee's cookbook. It is really yummy!
1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
2 teaspoons Mexican Seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
18 corn tortillas
1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
2 packages (6 ounces each) grilled chicken strips, cut into bite-size pieces
3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1. Heat oven to 400. In a glass bowl, blend refried beans and chilies. Cover; microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Stir together ricotta, egg, Mexican seasoning and salt; set aside.
3. Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Overlap 6 corn tortillas to create a layer. Spread half each of the black bean mixture and ricotta mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with half of the mexicorn, half the chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese. Top with ½ cup enchilada sauce.
4. Add 6 more tortillas;top with ¼ cup enchilada sauce. Repeat layering the black bean mixture, ricotta mixture, Mexicorn, chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese. Top with ½ cup enchilada sauce and last 6 tortillas. Spread with remaining enchilada sauce;sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
5. Cover with foil;bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
**My variations....I do not use the frozen chicken. I like to get one of roasted chickens from the store and take all the meat off it. (I do not use the skin.) The flavor it gives is amazing! Enjoy!!
1 week ago