I got this recipe from a friend who found it in Sandra Lee's cookbook. It is really yummy!
1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
2 teaspoons Mexican Seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
18 corn tortillas
1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
2 packages (6 ounces each) grilled chicken strips, cut into bite-size pieces
3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1. Heat oven to 400. In a glass bowl, blend refried beans and chilies. Cover; microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Stir together ricotta, egg, Mexican seasoning and salt; set aside.
3. Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Overlap 6 corn tortillas to create a layer. Spread half each of the black bean mixture and ricotta mixture evenly over tortillas. Top with half of the mexicorn, half the chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese. Top with ½ cup enchilada sauce.
4. Add 6 more tortillas;top with ¼ cup enchilada sauce. Repeat layering the black bean mixture, ricotta mixture, Mexicorn, chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese. Top with ½ cup enchilada sauce and last 6 tortillas. Spread with remaining enchilada sauce;sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
5. Cover with foil;bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
**My variations....I do not use the frozen chicken. I like to get one of roasted chickens from the store and take all the meat off it. (I do not use the skin.) The flavor it gives is amazing! Enjoy!!
Waffle Wedge Sundaes
1 week ago