Monday, May 25, 2009

Watermelon Gazpacho

WATERMELON GAZPACHO 













1 6-lb watermelon, red-fleshed, seeded and cut into chunks
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp hot sauce ( I used tabasco and it was too much, so next time I will use less)
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2/3 cup tomato juice
1/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp kosher salt
fresh ground pepper to taste



Blend together all ingredients for the soup. Strain and blend again. Cover and refrigerate for at least and hour.

Garnish with some chopped cucumber.


I had this on my cruise last week. It was beyond amazing, so since it is summer time I figured I would learn how to make it at home. I found this recipe online, and it came out realy yummy. Just be careful with the hot sauce. My soup had a tabasco finish after you swallowed, so I would use less than the 1 tbsp recommended. Also **WARNING** This makes a lot!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment