Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Egg-In-The-Hole

I received The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook for Christmas! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have made 5 recipes out of the book so far and have nothing but great things to say about it. My first one I am sharing is Egg-In-The-Hole. This is a super easy but really tasty dish!

Egg-In-The-Hole

1 Slice of bread
4 tablespoons butter (PW uses real butter.....YUMMY!)
1 large egg
Salt
Pepper

Take a biscuit cutter or drinking glass cut a hole out of the center of the bread.

Heat 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan. After the butter is melted place the bread in the skillet. Move the bread around so it can soak up the butter.

After 1 minute crack the egg into the hole of the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow to cook for another minute. Put another tablespoon of butter in the pan.

Flip the bread. Move it around so it can soak up the butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until the egg has reached the desired doneness.

1 comment:

  1. lol this is how i do my eggs too:

    http://terrorinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/09/toasted-egg.html

    ReplyDelete